Endless

by digby

I don't know what to say about what's happening in Gaza. I'm frankly somewhat shocked that I'm watching explosions on CNN for a fourth straight day. The only thing I can recommend at this point is to sign this petition from J Street , demanding that the US support an immediate cease fire.

At this moment of extreme crisis, J Street wants to demonstrate that, among those who care about Israel and its security, there is a constituency for sanity and moderation. There are many who recognize elements of truth on both sides of this gaping divide and who know that closing it requires strong American engagement and leadership. Click Here
I support immediate and strong U.S.-led diplomatic efforts to urgently reinstate a meaningful ceasefire that ends all military operations, stops the rockets aimed at Israel and lifts the blockade of Gaza. This is in the best interests of Israel, the Palestinian people and the United States.



It's really hard for me to believe that this is something people actually have to petition them to do, particularly after the birth pangs, cock-up in Lebanon. I guess that was considered a big success.

Meanwhile, I'm hearing the gasbags all speculate that this means the end of Obama's domestic agenda for some reason. I'm not sure why they insist on that; I don't actually think the domestic agenda can be shuffled off to the side even if he wanted to. It's not like it's expendable either. I'm pretty sure the president knows that he is going to have to do it all.


.