So Catholics aren't Christian again?

So Catholics aren't Christian again?

by digby

On the occasion of Billy Graham's 95th birthday:

"His message transformed my mom's life," Sarah Palin, one of the dinner's speakers, said in an interview with USA TODAY.

"In the 70s, she would tune into the Billy Graham crusades, televised. My mom was raised Catholic, and she ... was yearning for something more," she said. "His invitation for people to know that they could have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ — my mom understood that from the way that he could articulate it. She became a Christian, led the rest of the family to Christ, and that I believe transformed our family."

Because Catholics don't know nothin' about Christ apparently.

I used to hear a lot of that from the evangelical Christians when I was kid. I thought those days were long over.

Speaking of which, I will continue to be somewhat hostile to the Catholic Church because of its unwillingness to allow women to use birth control, thus consigning many of them to poverty, ill health and early death in much of the world. However, I cannot help but be as moved as so many others are by scenes like this:

This morning Pope Francis kissed and blessed a man suffering from severe facial disfigurement during his audience in St. Peter’s Square.
Whether you believe in religion or not,  that's a beautiful thing.

.