Poor Paula

Poor Paula

by digby


I always felt sorry for Jones. It wasn't so much because of the alleged harrassment --- there was a lot of evidence going in different directions on that.  (If it happened the way her lawyers wrote it up, I'm sure it was creepy.)  No, I felt sorry for her because the right used her like a prop for their little spectacle and the exploitation was over the top. I'll never forget the look on her face when those big-time lawyers (who'd been recruited by the cabal of Washington GOP operatives at the center of the anti-Clinton crusade) introduced her to the nation on TV. Let's just say that Jones wasn't the one who benefited from that episode.

Of course, this was before the advent of reality TV in which people go on television and share their disgusting secret habits for fun and profit, so that concern is no longer even slightly relevant.

Still, I always thought of her a "poor Paula." She was a pawn in that whole thing.


.